Help to Buy Valuation Criteria
As Chartered Surveyors we are bound by standards which are set out via our governing body the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
In order for your report to be compliant with Target HCA your report must;
- The Valuer must be registered with the recognised qualification of RICS.
- The valuer must be independent of an Estate Agent.
- The report must be on headed paper and signed by the RICS surveyor and addressed to Target HCA.
- THE VALUER MUST PROVIDE THREE COMPARABLE PROPERTIES AND SALE PRICES.
- The comparables provided must be like for like in terms of property type, size and age and within a 2 mile radius to the property that is being inspected.
- The valuer must not be known or related to you.
- The valuer must inspect the interior of the property and provide a full valuation report.
- Valuations for bank and mortgage purposes are not acceptable.
- A copy of the valuation report must be supplied to Target; – the inspection date must be shown on the report.
Our valuation report adheres to all of these requirements.
Once you have received our valuation you will need to complete the form at the rear of the customer information pack provided by Target.
- The valuation is valid for 3 MONTHS – if this timescale is not met, then you will need to request a DESKTOP valuation from ourselves to continue the validity of the valuation for a further 3 Months
DON’T WORRY IF YOUR VALUTION GOES OVER THE 3 MONTH PERIOD!!
We can top it up your existing report for a further 3 months with a desktop Valuation at 50.00.
Part of Winfields Group Limited.
13 Harbury Road Henleaze
Bristol BS9 4PN
Tel: 01172 872199
91 Mayflower Street
Plymouth PL1 1SB
Tel: 01752 936567
Unit 2, Alphinbrook Business Centre
Exeter EX2 8QR
Tel: 01392 984364
Office Hours: 09:00 – 18:00 Mon – Fri